Monday, August 3, 2009

Orthopedic shoes or inserts for wide feet?

I don’t have insurance for my daughter, but I just took her in to her doctor for her feet because her right foot keeps swelling on the upper pads under her big toe and the toe next to it. We did the full evaluation including physical therapy acts (testing her joints) and full blood work ups and found absolutely nothing wrong with her. He suggested going to a podiatrist to get her evaluated for a change in footwear, but I spent every cent I had on this last visit. So I’ll have to save for a few more months until I have the money to go to the podiatrist.





While I’m waiting, what would you suggest to do to alleviate her pain, gel inserts, plastic inserts, those ugly croc shoes, or a different shoe brand all together that offers support for wide feet?

Orthopedic shoes or inserts for wide feet?
I would try a different brand shoes first. I always bought the cheap tennis shoes and when I had my first knee replacement my orthopedic said to get better shoes. I did pay a little more for them but they lasted longer and didn't bother my feet, which the cheap ones did.
Reply:First try the gel inserts.


Give her aspirin to reduce her swelling.


If she has regular width shoes now , you ought to also get her wide width shoes.





It's important to go to podiatrist because she may have a compressed nerve %26amp; muscle involvement.





Good luck.



neutral skin tone

No comments:

Post a Comment